Friends with Benefits & Random Hook Ups
Looking for a good time, but want to stay safe? Here are some tips to keep in mind when you’re meeting up with someone to have a little fun.
- When it’s someone you’ve never meet before, always meet in a public place.
- Consider committing to a short date first – coffee, tea, a walk somewhere. Then, if he’s a keeper, stay longer or make another date.
- Bring condoms even if you’re not planning to have sex… better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! (just be sure to keep it in a cool, dry place – not your wallet!)
- Tell someone else where you’re going. If you’re not comfortable telling someone, leave a note where it can easily be found stating where you are going and who (even if it’s just a screen name) you are going to see.
- Don’t be afraid to leave if you don’t feel comfortable or decide you’re not interested in the person. You wouldn’t be the first person to do this!
- Ask a friend to call/text you at a certain time to check in – have code words or phrases in advance to indicate how things are going.
- If you don’t feel comfortable just leaving, head to the bathroom with your phone and send a friend a text message to either come interrupt or call with an “emergency”.